Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Greetings to all of my incoming 2008-09 students,

I'm looking forward to an exciting year with you.

To all of my returning concert band students, we'll be raising the bar a bit and I'll be looking to you for your leadership. We finished up last year on a wonderful high point.

To all my band students we'll have one ninth through twelfth grade concert band with an upcoming Halloween performance, two parades and two concerts and possibly a field trip and a NYSSMA competition performance. As a heads up your first performance test will determine seating placement, be the first test grade and play a big role in your SCMEA All County recommendation. My offer for extra credit to participate in the NYSSMA solo festival still stands and if you score an 'A' or 'O' on the solo you'll be exempt from the final exam.

Music Theory I students please see my class policy post and realize extra credit will be available to you through school concert performances or stage hand help for concerts.

Brass students interested in the brass quintet get your solo chops up and keep your ears open for an informational meeting.

To all students interested in the Jazz Ensemble watch for an audition posting here and in the music suite towards the middle of September.

To all students interested in the orchestra pit for the Musical production watch for postings here and in the music suite during the end of December or beginning of January.

I wish you all a great new school year and much success in all of your classes.

Mr. Cassera